WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, payment details and information about your access to our website member areas, blogs, education platform or online stores.
We may collect personal data from you when you book make a purchase from the Stores, create a Fitness4x4 Member Account, use our website, contact us or sign up to a newsletter, blog or update list. Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card or other payment details (if applicable);
- Information about your use of our website(s) and/or Stores;
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media.
- Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, if you use location-based features and turn on the Location Services settings on your device and computer.
- In the case of Trainee Instructors and Personal Trainers, details you have provided us about your physical or mental health, educational or learning preferences, and qualifications may be held on our system purely for our own information. We will not process or share any such data unless you have given your explicit consent to do so, or it is necessary (for instance if you request special assistance), or you have deliberately made it public.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR DATA FOR
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to products you have purchased from us (physical and digital), educational courses you have enrolled upon and newsletter subscriptions, webinars and events you have signed up to.
- Contacting you in the event of a date or time change or cancellation to an event, educational course or online training: we send you communications about the services you have asked for and any changes to such services. These communications are not made for marketing purposes.
- Credit or other payment card verification/screening: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent activities;
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your customer experience, training experience or event experience with us and to personalise the services we offer to you, such as special offers or further training opportunities.
- Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding store promotions and ancillary products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the booking stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
- We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- You have consented to us using your personal data (e.g. for marketing related uses);
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person (e.g. in case of a medical emergency);
- It is in our legitimate interests in operating as an education provider (e.g. for administrative purposes).
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
All payment details are transmitted over SSL across dedicated network infrastructure (Multiprotocol Label Switching-MPLS) and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within the Fitness4x4 Group (if applicable)
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies if applicable.
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment to process your payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction;
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please submit an online request via the contact page of any of our official websites, or by emailing us at [email protected]
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.